Open Position: Outside Salesperson
We are looking for a highly motivated person(s) to sell medical/accessibility equipment to facilities and end users. Equipment to include wheelchairs/scooters, lifts and ramps, seating and positioning components.
Base salary 31K plus company vehicle plus commission
Responsible for outside sales to existing accounts within an established territory. Identifies, cultivates and procures new accounts within the assigned territory to increase total sales volume. Introduces new products to the accounts, serving in a consulting capacity suggesting the correct equipment for the customer's needs.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; attendance at training schools and certification in fitting techniques for specialized items and equipment. Demonstrated successful track record in outside sales. Valid New York state driver's license and reliable transportation.
1. Responsibility for outside sales of DME products and supplies to institutional facilities, (hospitals, nursing homes, Rehab facilities, clinics, physicians’ offices, etc.) and other clients/customers within an established territory. Identifies and calls on prospective accounts to increase sales volume within the territory.
2. Responsible for educating and training the customers in the correct use of purchased DME. Insures, as part of the company's quality assurance program, that the customer can operate the equipment in a safe, correct manner and documents this according to store policy.
3. May service or fix a particular piece of DME when feasible or make arrangements for a service technician to visit the customer if necessary.
4. Because of specialized training and certification, serves as a consultant to accounts and customers, suggesting equipment and supplies appropriate to the customer's needs.
5. Presents self in a professional manner, and maintains a neat well groomed appearance. Represents the company in a positive manner and conducts all sales transaction according to company policy which emphasizes customer satisfaction.
6. Maintains a call schedule for accounts and prospective accounts, following up sales with visits to ensure customer satisfaction with the purchase and training receives. Maintains a visit log and records information from the log into the account files.
7. Works with Insurance Supervisor to obtains all necessary paperwork completing all necessary forms on a timely basis when establishing a new accounts prior to making a sale.
8. As part of the company's Quality Assurance Program, completes forms and other paperwork which identify items sold, training sessions and dates held, customer complaints or equipment problems, services rendered, and problems resolution.
9. Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings and meetings with the vice president to receive work assignments, discuss issues or concerns, receive training or review established or new store policy.
10. Attends educational and training opportunities on a routine basis to keep current on products lines and service requirements of equipment sold by the company.
11. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and or necessary.
Lifting and moving large items such as wheelchairs and other bulky/ heavy items; must be able to perform the requirements of Outside Salesperson